NZ4WD commenced publication in 1996 under INL magazines. Since April 1998, it has been published by Adrenalin Publishing Limited of Auckland, New Zealand. Adrenalin Publishing Ltd is a specialist publishing house producing: Motor Equipment News, NZBusiness, DEMM Engineering & Manufacturing, NZ Company Vehicle, Exporter, BeautyNZ magazines and Headlines
Is produced in a glossy four colour A4 format. It is published monthly (11 issues a year, excluding January) and is distributed via subscription, specialist industry outlets and via IMD to retail outlets such as bookshops, service stations, supermarkets, and dairies.
NZ4WD covers a range of topics of interest to the 4WD vehicle buyer and driver. It aims to provide a wide range of information covering vehicle selection, accessories and upgrading, 4WD clubs and sport, lifestyle activities associated with 4WD, adventure and track stories and technical articles. The concurrent advertising by manufacturers, dealers and suppliers gives the reader a source for more detailed information if required.
• News of interest to four-wheel-drivers including model changes, new products, and legislation.
• Articles on new models, road tests and reviews of 4WD vehicles including utilities.
• Articles on used vehicles.
• Destination features.
• Technique and technical tips.
Each issue will include a specific feature on:
• A technical or accessory area
• A lifestyle area as it relates to 4WD
The Managing Editor is John Oxley, who is an international award-winning journalist, while Deputy Editor is Damien O’Carroll. Regular contributors include Ashley Lucas, Robert Barry, David Coxon, Geoff Anders, Ray Stone and Peter Vahry. The Publisher is Cathy Parker, who is a qualified engineer, motoring and motorsport enthusiast. She has been involved in automotive publishing for six years following on from substantial involvement in automotive related businesses.
NZ4WD reaches people interested in 4WD vehicles and the lifestyle activities associated with them. The range of people owning and using 4WD vehicles covers several areas, the magazine looks to provide editorial of interest to each group including:
• The dedicated enthusiast. Uses his or her 4WD off road regularly, has an interest in upgrading his/her vehicle and looking for opportunities to use it.
• The recreational user. Uses his or her 4WD to enable them to reach the remote locations where they partake in their recreational activity, or to tow their recreational equipment. These include skiing, fishing, hunting, camping, tramping, mountain biking, kayaking, boasting, surfing, and horse riding.
• The business user. Uses his or her 4WD for business use to access remote work sites. This group includes farmers, local councils, and utility companies.
• The occasional user. Likes owning a 4WD vehicle, would like to use it off road but needs some help as to where to go and what to do.
The 4WD market covers a number of areas, rather than specialising in a narrow view, NZ4WD looks to have a broad range of content to appeal to a wide range of 4WD owners whether they use the vehicle more for touring and exploring back roads, use their vehicle for business or recreational purposes where the off road element involves getting where they need to be to participate, or they are keen owners for whom off road driving is the end in itself. Based on readers surveys each of the above groups represent around 1/3 of the readers Based on reader feedback both first hand and via reader surveys, readers wanted to know about things they could do with their 4WD vehicles.
Accessories, where to go, driving techniques and technical issues. Reports on new, used and readers vehicles also rated highly. NZ4WD magazine looks to cover each area with a variety of article types:
• Vehicles – new vehicle tests, comparison tests, used vehicle tests, used vehicle guides (by model), reader vehicles
• Technical – technical features, project vehicles, new products, product tests
• Destinations – area guides, destination stories, safari and tag-along reviews
• Driving techniques – tips, driving guides, driver training features
• 4WD community – clubs, competitions, NZFWDA NZ4WD is distributed by subscription and retail sales in wide range of outlets.
Advertising Sales Manager Automotive GroupMotor Equipment NewsNew Zealand Company VehicleNZ4WD
Dan is the Sales manager for the Automotive group titles.DDI 09 477 0361
Managing EditorMotor Equipment NewsNew Zealand Company VehicleNZ4WD
John Oxley is Editorial and Production Manager of the Adrenalin Automotive and Engineering Group, and managing editor of NZ4WD magazine and NZ Company Vehicle magazine. As such he has oversight over editorial policy and standards as well as the day-to-day management of production of the magazines.DDI 09 966 1393
Damien is the editor of NZ4WD, he is an experienced motoring journalist.09 478 4771